Use the discount code DISCOUNT2020 *
*) For ordering DNA tests and Combination packages in our CombiBreed webshop
This promotion is valid till February 29th 2020, max one discount code per order
This Combination Pack contains several important traits and can be based on samples from animals at any age. Information on individual tests is available at our website.
This combination package includes DNA-tests for:
• K386 Mucopolysaccharidosis I
• K400 Hereditary Myopathy (CMS; Cong. Myas. Syndrome)
• K504 Periodic paralysis (WNK4 - Hypokalemia)
• K597 Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
• K598 Dihydropyrimidinase Deficiency
• K599 Hyperlipoproteinaemia
• K600 Niemann-Pick C1 Disease
• K601 Primary Hyperoxaluria II
• K640 Gangliosidosis, GM2, type II - 1
• K641 Vitamin D-deficiency rickets, type I
• K646 Gangliosidosis, GM2, GM2A
• K647 Gangliosidosis, GM2, type II - 2
• K649 Hypothyroidism
• K650 Mucopolysaccharidosis VII
• K651 Mucopolysaccharidosis VI
• K656 Haemophilia B - 1
• K657 Haemophilia B - 2
• K711 Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
• K725 Hypertrophic Cardio Myopathy 1 (HCM1)
• K754 Pyruvaatkinase Deficiency (PKDef)
• K762 Progressive Retinal Atrophy (rdAc-PRA)
• K793 Bloodtyping AB (DNA test)
• K799 Hypertrophic Cardio Myopathy 3 (HCM3)
Dr. van Haeringen Laboratorium B.V. (VHL), introduces a different strategy for DNA tests for several genetic markers. Recently, technical improvements have allowed for the combination of several genetic markers in one test.
Several tests are available in different breeds. For the different mutations, clinical studies linking a mutation to HCM are not always available. It is up to the owner to decide which test to perform. Based on a recent inventory at other laboratories, we have learned that the test for HCM2 is not offered internationally. Consequently, we have contacted researchers in the USA. Based on our current information, we have decided to remove the HCM2 test as of the end of February 2012 from the Combination Package for Hereditary Diseases. For the moment, the HCM2 test remains available as a separate test.
Information on individual tests is elsewhere available on this website.
The Turnaround Time (TAT) depends on various factors, such as the shipment time of your sample to the test location, the test method(s) and whether the tests are performed completely or partially by a Partner Lab or Patent owner.
The TAT of tests performed at our facilities is normally 10 working days after receipt of the sample at the testing laboratory (VHL, VHP or Certagen). For tests performed by a Partner Laboratory (so-called "partner lab test") or patent owner, the TAT is at least 20 working days after receipt of your sample. Because the shipment time to our Partner Labs or patent owner may vary due to factors we cannot influence, the mentioned 20 working days are therefore an estimate.
PLEASE NOTESometimes it is necessary to re-run your sample. We call this a retest. In that case, the TAT will of course be extended.
For this test samples from all breeds are accepted.
For this DNA test we accept the following materials: Blood EDTA, Blood Heparin, Tissue, Swab. Please contact Dr. Van Haeringen Laboratorium if you wish to submit other material as listed.